skip to main | skip to sidebar

java

Politics - I don't know why, but they seem to have a tendency to separate us, to keep us from one another, while nature is always and ever making efforts to bring us together. ~Sean O'Casey

Monday, January 25, 2010

Just Make Them Filibuster!

Filibuster 2.0: How 41 Senators Control The Country Without Actually Filibustering | TPMDC
Posted by Donna at 3:25 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blind Man's Bluff

Blind Man's Bluff
Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs. ~Ovid
Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator

MotherJones.com | Home - Daily News, Political Co

My Blog List

  • ACSBlog: The Blog of the American Constitution Society
  • AlterNet.org
  • chomsky.info : News and Reports
  • ColbertNation.com
  • Craig Crawford's Trail Mix
  • Daily Kos
  • Firedoglake
  • HowardZinn.org
  • Index Page - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net
  • John W. Dean's blog
  • JONATHAN TURLEY
  • Louis Proyect: The Unrepentant Marxist
  • MotherJones.com
  • MSNBC - Countdown with Keith Olbermann - The Official Web site Front Page
  • Slate Magazine
  • Talking Points Memo
  • The 9/11 Reading Room
  • The Full Feed from HuffingtonPost.com
  • The Gavel
  • The UpTake >> *Top Stories
  • Think Progress
  • washingtonpost.com - White House Watch -- News on President George W Bush and the Bush Administration
  • World Socialist Web Site

Blog Archive

  • ►  2011 (1)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ▼  2010 (118)
    • ►  August (2)
    • ►  May (10)
    • ►  April (26)
    • ►  March (46)
    • ►  February (26)
    • ▼  January (8)
      • RNC Fundraising: "Of course, duping people is the ...
      • Just Make Them Filibuster!
      • shame on massachusetts. after 49 years of service...
      • January 22, 2010 10:00 AM PST
      • Democracy Now: Haiti's History of Military Coups a...
      • Bankers in Their Own Words - Interactive Feature -...
      • Wall Street CEOs grilled on pay - POLITICO.com Pri...
      • Plutocracy Reborn
  • ►  2009 (152)
    • ►  December (1)
    • ►  November (1)
    • ►  October (27)
    • ►  September (46)
    • ►  August (76)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2008 (409)
    • ►  November (17)
    • ►  October (78)
    • ►  September (107)
    • ►  August (90)
    • ►  July (68)
    • ►  June (49)
  • ►  2007 (1)
    • ►  February (1)

About Me

My photo
Donna
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
I was born in Minneapolis the daughter of a union worker and a Catholic, country girl. I married a rock musician (unfashionably) 1n 1978 and have lived in both San Francisco, CA and St. Louis, MO. My childhood was defined by beatings that taught me one salient fact: I am not a dog. I was born into a blue collar home. Now, I am just "blue" in my politics. I have two intelligent children attending university and I am worried for their future, as well as ours. I love America because it is a great country founded on the ideals of common cause and common good. I wonder if we will still be a great country for my grandchildren? Will my children and their children be slaves to war and poverty? Is success collecting a paycheck from one global multi-national corporation and sending that money, via another check, to other multi-national global corporations? Is your only choice, as George Carlin put it, between paper and plastic? Well, maybe it's age rage or maybe it is simply time to pay attention and form your own opinions.
View my complete profile