Friday, August 28, 2009

"On what planet do you spend most of your time?"

user

Joe Scarborough & Peggy Noonan: Americans Secretly Yearning for Republican-Controlled Congress

By: Blue Texan Friday August 28, 2009 10:30 am

Some pretty first-rate concern trolling here on "Morning Joe."

What Nooners and Scar conveniently ignore is that Obama's numbers are dropping primarily because he's losing Democrats. While he's slipped among independents as well, the Republicans are hugely unpopular and have zero credibility on health care reform, so there's no objective evidence that voters are clamoring for a McConnell/Boehner coup.

Moreover, Nooner's notion that "Americans won't support" Democratic legislation is truly bizarre. We just had a national election less than a year ago in which Americans elected a Democratic President and gave the Democrats substantial majorities in both houses of Congress, two years after giving them total control of the legislative branch. That's a fairly strong indicator that they want Democratic legislation -- not the Republican legislation Nooners likes.

Obama's not struggling because he's insufficiently centrist. He's struggling because he's insufficiently partisan.

java muses:

I have been wondering what is behind the plain obstructionism that has infected the GOP and have come to the conclusion that it is the loss of power and the near ending of an abusive relationship that the party has had with the American people for the past 14 years. There is not one bit of interest in moving this country forward under any circumstances. President Obama has held out his hand and has been met at every turn with a clenched fist. It is a pathology of control. It is the methodology of abuse.

If I Can't Have You (Then Nobody Can)

If I can't have you then nobody can
I've waited so long to be your man
And now you're telling me that we may never be
Well I'm telling you that we'll be for eternity

I'll slit your throat, suffocate you
But know that I'm not doing this because I hate you
I'm doing this for love, you and me forever
Even after all the years have gathered we'll still be together

If I can't have you then nobody can
The most beautiful person in all of the land
And I can't stand to know that they have touched you
And that thought alone, it is enough to...

Bring a lump to my throat, a pain in my chest
The blood pouring down, your pale breasts
I’m sorry that I hurt you, but you hurt me more
And they’ll never have you, because you are worth more

If I can’t have you then nobody can
The last man to hold your hand
And walk with you know, to your place of death
Where the roses are dead here and there’s nothing left

Prince ....

http://www.poemhunter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment